German speaking customer hero (ine) for global startup
We are a bunch of enthusiasts building a global tech startup from Brno. Smartsupp is the favourite chat for e-commerce in Europe. Smartsupp allows companies to chat with their website visitors in real-time and solve issues right away. We are a small company, where you won't be just a needle in a haystack. Your work will be seen, will be seen quickly and worldwide. You won't find any corporate processes and buzzwords in Smartsupp.
What is the job about?
First of all, we are not a call center! You won't be doing any phone support or selling anything!
- Customer Hero(ine) in Smartsupp is primarily responsible for helping and educating our customers on a global level. We start to work from the moment a potential customer contacts us. You will guide them and answer all their questions. But no worries, most of the answers can be found in our Help Section or Internal knowledgebase.
- We answer product related questions, track user feedback, report and escalate issues of our existing customers to our development team.
- Test new features and provide feedback which will help us to improve
If you join our team you will:
- Be a key member of our team, responsible for the localization of Smartsupp to German. This means continuously translating our product, website and marketing materials.
- Help our business customers on chat and email
- Improve customer documentation and the internal knowledgebase to ensure that all customers have a great experience when using Smartsupp
- Translate new features, product texts and marketing articles
- Test new features and provide feedback which will help us to improve Smartsupp
- Learn new things and technical stuff. There is an opportunity to join our marketing or product team after you acquire new skills on the job
This job is great for you if you just finished school or if you already have basic working experience in the customer support field.
In our small team, you can grow, learn new stuff, and see first-hand how things are done in a global tech startup. You will participate actively in new releases and updates.
What skills do you need?
- Passion for communicating and helping people
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English and German
- Interest and patience in assisting customers ranging from non-technical business people to experienced developers
- The advantage is understanding of web technologies (HTML, CSS, Chrome console, APIs)
This is a junior position - most important is to have an interest in learning new stuff. What you do not know, we will teach you.
Why work at Smartsupp?
- Be part of a small international team of 25 people where your work is visible and has a direct impact. No endless hierarchy, no bureaucracy, no bullshit.
- See first hand how it works in a fast-growing startup - how we build the product and expand globally
- You will learn about web technologies and SaaS (software as a service)
- 10k budget for self-improvement and paid UDEMY courses
- Regular team events
- Multisport card for 50 % off (300 CZK per month), +1 for partner/family
- 25 days of paid holiday per year
- Sick days
- Flexible working hours including the possibility of home office
- Vodafone subscription plan free of charge (unlimited calls, unlimited SMS and 10 GB of data)
- Kitchen with daily supply of coffee, tea, and fruit. Sometimes also ice cream
- Unlimited supply of good Slivovice and rum